Monday, October 7, 2013

I See you.

  So I have this annoying habit of trying to see the good in everyone, the person they would like to be. Unfortunately, that's one of my biggest flaws. I disregard who the person is and focus on who they, as they have told me, would like to become. I've met the men who were assholes, who wanted to be better, specifically more than what they were. I've met the prideful men who knew how they were but desperately wanted to make "a change". 
 As I've come to learn all these words are just that. Words! There is hardly ever any action to go along with what's been discovered about themselves. Why is that, I asked myself tonight? Well why changed when I'm only going to see the change you want to make and what's there. I'm growing // changing to recognize ppl for who they are and accepting that version of them. I know it only hurts me in the long run to think a man is going to do any different. 
 I don't want to be with a fixer upper, I want one that's already in control, and knows which version of himself that wants to be with me. 

Tristan J.

No comments:

Post a Comment